Mark your calendar!
Friday, October 16 is this year’s Camel Races!
Thank you donors, guests and volunteers who made our 2015 auction such a success! We netted $28,000 at the auction. These funds will help support the programs offered by the Family Literacy Center.
Seven Easy Ways YOU Can Help the Family Literacy Center
- Sign up for Kroger Rewards and designate the Family Literacy Center. Cost to you: $0.00
- Use the Amazon Smile program when you shop on Amazon. You can get the same stuff at the same prices, but Amazon contributes to us. Cost to you: $0.00
- Does your business have a charitable matching program? If you already donate to us, please submit the paperwork so your company matches your gift.
- Do you have any donor advised funds through your investments? If so, recommend a charitable donation to the Family Literacy Center.
- Like us on Facebook. We post important information. Follow us and share our information. Invite your friends to like our page also.
- Attend and consider sponsoring our Camel Races. The races are scheduled for October 16, 2015.
- Become a volunteer for the Center. We need many types of volunteers, not just tutors. You can help with fundraisers, in the office, at special events and much more.
- Our program is actually designed to empower people and change lives. With better literacy
- We are accredited through ProLiteracy. This is not an easy process, but reflects our commitment to providing quality programs and accountability.
- We won the Governor’s Service Award for “Outstanding Volunteer Organization” in 2012. This is another sign that we are offering quality services to our community.