Please mark your calendars for our annual benefit auction!
Friday, April 29, 2016 at the Lapeer Country Club
If you shop at Amazon, please remember to log in through smile.amazon.com. You get the same great deals and points, but Amazon will donate to your favorite charity – be sure to select the Family Literacy Center!
We appreciate your support!
Thank you donors, guests and volunteers who made our 2015 auction such a success! We netted $28,000 at the auction. These funds will help support the programs offered by the Family Literacy Center.
Seven Easy Ways YOU Can Help the Family Literacy Center
- Sign up for Kroger Rewards and designate the Family Literacy Center. Cost to you: $0.00
- Use the Amazon Smile program when you shop on Amazon. You can get the same stuff at the same prices, but Amazon contributes to us. Cost to you: $0.00
- Does your business have a charitable matching program? If you already donate to us, please submit the paperwork so your company matches your gift.
- Do you have any donor advised funds through your investments? If so, recommend a charitable donation to the Family Literacy Center.
- Like us on Facebook. We post important information. Follow us and share our information. Invite your friends to like our page also.
- Attend and consider sponsoring our Camel Races. The races are scheduled for Friday, October 21, 2016.
- Become a volunteer for the Center. We need many types of volunteers, not just tutors. You can help with fundraisers, in the office, at special events and much more.
- Our program is actually designed to empower people and change lives. With better literacy
- We are accredited through ProLiteracy. This is not an easy process, but reflects our commitment to providing quality programs and accountability.
- We won the Governor’s Service Award for “Outstanding Volunteer Organization” in 2012. This is another sign that we are offering quality services to our community.